- Managed the iOS development team for Rhapsody’s flagship mobile apps for iPhone and iPad, which have over 300,000 paid subscribers in three countries.
- Led the development of a new app for discovering concerts, which mashes up data from Rhapsody and a third-party partner (pending release).
- Delivered frequent app store submissions and achieved critical deadlines for two international service expansions, major iOS updates, media campaigns and key partner deals.
- Worked with product managers, program managers and designers to define features and balance priorities against resources.
- Designed and implemented product features (like track caching/downloading and audio playback), performed code reviews, profiled app performance, and maintained unit tests.
- Mentored and coached my team for high performance and performed annual reviews.
- Acted as Scrum Master to keep the team focused on delivering sprint goals and facilitated improvement of scrum processes.
- Designed and implemented product integration with two major auto manufacturers.
- Defined SDE job requirements and led the screening and interviewing of candidates.
- Documented architecture, team processes, how-tos and best practices.
- Implemented a SOAP subsystem and code generator for the Rhapsody Windows client.
- Managed development of the Rhapsody browser plug-ins for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Managed development of the open source RealPlayer for Linux.
- Managed development of the Enterprise RealPlayer and Administrator.
- Assisted in the development and maintenance of the Ark Navigator productivity app.
- Created a library for digitally signing medical records using RSA public key encryption.
- Mathematics minor
- with college honors
Languages: Objective-C, C, C++, Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash
Technologies: iOS (versions 3-7), OS X, Xcode, Cocoa Touch, UIKit, CoreData, CoreAudio, CoreFoundation, OCMock, JSON, REST, XML, SOAP, Linux, Windows, Jenkins/Hudson
Practices: Agile, Scrum, Test Driven Development (TDD)